Can't see track changes from external file (review or xliff) in Trados Studio 2014
Thread poster: Diana Llorente

Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
Mar 14, 2016

Hello,

I've been sent a review file of a translation I've carried out. The review file seems to import well in Trados, but when I open my translation I can't see any changes. The file is fully translated with my translation.

I've also had an issue recently where I've carried out a translation and the proofreader has sent another xliff file with tracked changes. I uploaded this file to my project (with my original file and TM) but when I opened it, it "magically" had changed so that it was dentical to my translation (without any tracked changes or changes of any kind from the proofreader). I could avoid this by opening the reviewed xliff file without adding it to my project, but this is not the most convenient way of doing it and of updating the TM with the changes I accepted.

I don't think that I've got a problem related to just the feature of updating from review file, but rather a general one where the proofreader's changes get lost in favour of my own original translation. I wonder if it has something to do with the project filling new draft segments after the proofreading with my original translation in my TM?.

If you could help me sort this out, that would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot,

Diana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't see track changes from external file (review or xliff) in Trados Studio 2014

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search