Thread poster: bendksu

bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:10
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 15, 2016

How do I change the settings so that if the first letter of a word is capitalized in the source text, that this is capitalized in the target text?

For example, if the word "Supplier" is always with a capital S in the source text, my target text always appears as "supplier", which means I must manually replace the s with an S.

However, in some instances Supplier is kept as Supplier in the source text, and sometimes it is supplier. This needs to be reflected in the target.

Can this be changed in the settings? I have a very large job and much, much time is wasted on aligning the capitalization of correctly translated/populated words.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

capitalization in Studio 2015

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search