Thread poster: Hannah Keet

Hannah Keet  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:27
German to English
+ ...
Mar 15, 2016

Hello all,

Having a bit of a stressful morning with Trados (2011 version)!

I've got a package that has a server-based TM and glossary. I import the package as normal, and when the file opens, the following error appears: "the translation provider X could not be opened and has been disabled. Please check that you have entered the correct server connection settings and that the server is available."

I contacted my agency client about this and the PM said I should delete and readd the server. This did not work and the following error appeared:

"There was a communications or connection error. Please check that you have entered the correct server connection settings and that the server is available."

The SDL customer experience desk sent me this link: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6460 but adjusting my firewall settings did not work. They then told me that SDL Trados isn't compatible with Windows 10. It's worked fine for months for me... until today!

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
I asked about this one Mar 15, 2016

Hi Hannah,

I asked about this one recently, because I was about to buy a new PC as the usual one was way past its sell-by date, and I feared it would conk out at some point. I asked whether it would be OK to use the Windows 10 OS as standard on the new one for Studio 2009 and 2011, but as far as I recall I got no conclusive answers here. I haven't actually started using the new PC/Windows 10 much, but your unhappy experience fills me with dread.

Solution? Shell out for the next version of Studio, obviously. And then the next and the next, when everyone's using Windows 15/16/17 ...

Mervyn

[Edited at 2016-03-15 10:01 GMT]

Hannah Keet  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:27
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works fine with every other project Mar 15, 2016

Fear not, Mervyn. It's this project (and this client) alone that has caused problems. I work with several clients with SDL Trados 2011 on Windows 10 and it all goes swimmingly. It's just this one client that has upgraded to 2015 and expects me to do the same. (Without an offer of a contribution towards the upgrade, of course.)

Anybody know how to fix this without the hefty £255 upgrade fee?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011: There was a communications or connection error

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search