The target locale of Word 2000-2003 file keeps changing after export or finalize in Studio 2014
Thread poster: Myong-Sang Lim

Myong-Sang Lim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 06:21
Member (2015)
English to Korean
Mar 16, 2016

Hi,

I am a English-Korean translator. When I start a new project in Studio 2014 and add legacy Word files (2000-2003, .doc extension) or RTF files, it works fine. The problem arises when I export files or finalize to get the target translation. When I check the target .doc files, the locale is always changed to Arabian (Saudi Arabia). Even after I select all and change the language to Korean, it just turn back to Arabian. I don't have a slightest clue about Arabian language.

The is no problem with Word 2007-2013 (docx extension) files. Just the old Word files and RTF files. The difference between old Word and RTF files are the Korean characters broken in old Word file and displayed properly in RTF file. Could someone please shed me a light on this?

BTW, I'm running Studio 2014 SP2 and MS Office 2010 on Windows 7 32-bit Korean edition.

[Edited at 2016-03-16 03:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The target locale of Word 2000-2003 file keeps changing after export or finalize in Studio 2014

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search