Thread poster: Kimrey Batts

Kimrey Batts  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 16:14
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2016

Hi there, I'm writing for help because Trados support has yet to get back to me and I need to access Trados asap for various present and upcoming projects (feeling a bit desperate...). The issue is the following:

Last year I bought a package deal with a license for 2014 along with one for the soon to be released Trados 2015. When I was sent the license for 2015 I kept using 2014 out of habit. I tried the 30 day trial of 2015 on the side, but uninstalled it when it expired. Today I decided to make the switch. I noted on the licenses section of my Trados account that it showed me as having one license, and one license in use, which I found odd. When I downloaded 2015 and tried to activate it, it told me (of course) that I had to first deactivate the in-use license. I don't have another computer, so there is no chance of accidentally having installed it elsewhere. To cap it off, I thought that maybe if I uninstalled and deactivated 2014 it would fix the problem, which only resulted in that license vanishing entirely (I assume something to do with how the package purchase functions).

So now I have no access to anything. Ack! Any advice? How do you go about deactivating a license when the location is unavailable or unknown? It appears that the 2015 license was activated last year when it was sent to me (05-08-2015) so I think some type of glitch must have happened in their system that identified it as in use.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Tor Leif Carpenhammar
Sweden
Local time: 23:14
Member (2016)
Swedish to English
+ ...
SDL page Mar 17, 2016

Did you log in to the SDL site to deactivate your license?

When I log in there I can see what license I have and so on, im pretty new to SDL so if i'm just saying things you allready know and have tried, just take it for a bad attempt to help out.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:14
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Problem with Trados 2015: license appears as already in use Mar 17, 2016

Hi Kimrey,

I have been able to track your account and can see you purchased SDL Trados Studio 2015 back in April 2015 which indeed entitled you to 2015 free of charge upon release.

Our records indicate that you also activated the license on your PC on the 5th August 2015-
To activate a license, it is necessary to access your SDL account and then copy and paste the activation code when prompted (after Starting Studio)in to the activation box.

You can of course request a license reset at
http://support.xl8.one

Our licensing team will then invalidate the original license activation and reset this for you.

Kr

SDL_Steve

Kimrey Batts  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 16:14
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 17, 2016

Hi there, not sure how the license got activated to begin with, but the reset information is exactly what I need. Thank you so very much for your help!

Kimrey

SDL_Steve wrote:

Hi Kimrey,

I have been able to track your account and can see you purchased SDL Trados Studio 2015 back in April 2015 which indeed entitled you to 2015 free of charge upon release.

Our records indicate that you also activated the license on your PC on the 5th August 2015-
To activate a license, it is necessary to access your SDL account and then copy and paste the activation code when prompted (after Starting Studio)in to the activation box.

You can of course request a license reset at
http://support.xl8.one

Our licensing team will then invalidate the original license activation and reset this for you.

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados 2015: license appears as already in use

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search