Studio 2011: Anyone know how to mark up embedded content in XLIFF files?
Thread poster: Rob Latchford

Rob Latchford
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:12
French to English
+ ...
Mar 18, 2016

As the title says, I'm wondering if there's a way to mark up embedded content, e.g. variables, in XLIFF files in Studio 2011. The native filter allows for mark up of certain elements that follow the XLIFF standard, but as far as I know, I can't also create my own regex patterns to mark up additional code.
I know this is possible in memoQ using cascading filters. Is it possible with Trados Studio?

Direct link Reply with quote

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 23:12
I'd like to know the answer too! Mar 18, 2016

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to know the answer too. Especially: how to mark up the '\n' representation of a new line as a tag.

Paul? Give us some of your wisdom please.

Rob Latchford
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:12
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... without converting to another file format. Mar 18, 2016

I just want to add that I know elements and code can be marked up with xml files and by creating a custom file type based on txt or xml. It can also be done with Excel documents. But I don't want to have to convert the file type.
memoQ's solution seems to be a neat one and can be used with any file type. I'd be surprised if Trados hasn't matched this functionality.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Anyone know how to mark up embedded content in XLIFF files?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search