How do you automatically lock all the CM, 100% matches in multiple files in SDL Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Hokyun You

Hokyun You  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 16:37
English to Korean
+ ...
Mar 19, 2016

I am working on a project that involves translating a number of files where there are huge numbers of context matches and 100% matches from previous projects (from TM).

I want to make sure that I do not alter them by mistake. How do you automatically apply "Lock segments" to all the segments that are context matches and 100% matches?

I am guessing that I will have to find the option in "Batch Tasks" but can't find the right one. I tried the "Pre-translate files" option and then enabled "Confirm 100% matches", "Lock 100% matches", "Confirm context matches" and "Lock context matches" and ran it but when I open the files all the relevant segments are still unconfirmed and unlocked.

Please help me on how I can achieve this.

I would appreciate your help!

[Edited at 2016-03-19 02:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found the solution myself. Mar 19, 2016

Hokyun You wrote:

I am working on a project that involves translating a number of files where there are huge numbers of context matches and 100% matches from previous projects (from TM).

I want to make sure that I do not alter them by mistake. How do you automatically apply "Lock segments" to all the segments that are context matches and 100% matches?

I am guessing that I will have to find the option in "Batch Tasks" but can't find the right one. I tried the "Pre-translate files" option and then enabled "Confirm 100% matches", "Lock 100% matches", "Confirm context matches" and "Lock context matches" and ran it but when I open the files all the relevant segments are still unconfirmed and unlocked.

Please help me on how I can achieve this.

I would appreciate your help!

[Edited at 2016-03-19 02:12 GMT]

I found the solution myself. Thanks!

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:07
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
What was the solution? Mar 19, 2016

Hokyun You wrote:

It would be helpful if you could describe (briefly) the solution you found so that other people searching for the answer could find it here.

Thanks
Dan

South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here is the solution Mar 19, 2016

Dan Lucas wrote:

Hokyun You wrote:

It would be helpful if you could describe (briefly) the solution you found so that other people searching for the answer could find it here.

Thanks
Dan

You can use the filter setting under Review menu.

Under Review menu, you will see "All segments" (filter icon).
You click it to see the drop down menu. Under subcategory "Segment Types", click "100% matches".
Now you will only see the segments that are 100% matches which includes Context matches.
Select all the segments and then right-click to see pop-up menu.
Select "Change Segment Status" and select "Translated".
This will change the status of all the 100% matche segments to "Translated" (or Confirmed)
Now, while all the segments are still selected, right click again to see pop-up menu and then select "Lock Segments"

Voila! Now all the context matches and 100% matches are confirmed and locked!

I simply repeated this step for each file.

Hope this helps those who need to lock the 100% match segments in SDL Trados Studio.

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2014 so I am not sure if this feature is available in previous versions.

Enjoy your day and keep on translating!

Hokyun

[Edited at 2016-03-19 20:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you automatically lock all the CM, 100% matches in multiple files in SDL Studio 2014?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search