Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Mar 19, 2016

I wonder if I can avoid the following situation: On creating the project I have merged the source files into one. After translating and checking I save the translation (save target as...). Studio has created a folder for the target files and the files are already there. So the software prompts me to save each individual file.
This would be very inconvenient if the number of merged files is high.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:16
French to German
+ ...
Export the target for the entire project Mar 19, 2016

Heinrich

If, instead of clicking on "Save as target" for each of the files, you run the batch task "Finalize" or "Export translations", Studio will create all the target files in either the project folder (with Finalize) or a folder of your choice (with "Export...").

Walter

P.S.: I hope you know that Studio also has the capability to "virtually merge" several files, which means that you don't need to use the "Merge" function anymore. To open several files i
... See more
Heinrich

If, instead of clicking on "Save as target" for each of the files, you run the batch task "Finalize" or "Export translations", Studio will create all the target files in either the project folder (with Finalize) or a folder of your choice (with "Export...").

Walter

P.S.: I hope you know that Studio also has the capability to "virtually merge" several files, which means that you don't need to use the "Merge" function anymore. To open several files in your Editor, simply select all the files you want to open in the Files view and instead of double-clicking, right-click and select "Open for translation". This approach has many advantages over the old "physical" merge.

[Bearbeitet am 2016-03-19 08:02 GMT]
Collapse

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:16
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Merging files virtually - one drawback Mar 19, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

P.S.: I hope you know that Studio also has the capability to "virtually merge" several files, which means that you don't need to use the "Merge" function anymore. To open several files in your Editor, simply select all the files you want to open in the Files view and instead of double-clicking, right-click and select "Open for translation". This approach has many advantages over the old "physical" merge.

[Bearbeitet am 2016-03-19 08:02 GMT]

Indeed. However, there is one major drawback, namely that for external review, you still get one individual file per source file, which makes this function useless for me. If you don't use external review though, this is a very conventient option.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the hints! Mar 19, 2016

I expected already I did something wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving of merged translations

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »