What to do with web pages and pictures
Thread poster: Leire25
Leire25
Spain
Mar 21, 2016

Hi everybody,

I have started translating documents with SDL Trados Studio 2015 and I'm not sure about what to do when I find pictures (xxxxxx. jpg) or web pages in my source text. What is the best option? Should I click "copy source" and confirm? Should I leave the target segment wide and confirm? Should I carry on and forget this segment, leaving it unconfirmed, although the translation may appear as "unfinished"??

I don't know if my Translation Memory will empty extremely fast if I confirm this kind of segments...Will that be a problem? I would be really grateful if you could help me, please.

Leire.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 06:03
Member (2005)
English to German
Not sure I understand your issue Mar 21, 2016

I always copy source and confirm for (untranslatable) pictures and links. Trados will store these as (small) tags or text strings, not as (huge) pictures and websites.

Why would your TM empty? It only gets fuller, not emptier. Or are you afraid of running out of space for the TM? Or are you on a trial version of Trados with a limit on the number of strings in the TM?

(If this is a language issue, you can say it in Spanish, there's a ton of people here who will understand it)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do with web pages and pictures

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search