Thread poster: Guido Villa

Guido Villa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:38
Member (2006)
German to Italian
+ ...
Mar 22, 2016

Hi, I run a translation agency, and since the time I was using Trados 2014 - now I am using 2015 - I am experiencing a serious problem with most translators who receive my project packages. That is, they see the message "one or more files you selected are marked as read only".
I know that I can somehow solve the problems by letting them return the translation in the .sdlxliff file only, without project, but I would like to know the solution to the problems of my sending read-only files. How can I make them usable and translatable?

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards
Guido

Rodrigo Yanez
Venezuela
Local time: 05:38
Member (2016)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have the same problem Oct 4, 2017

Hi, I have the same problem described by Guido, but in this case, I'm receiving the project packages from a PM and when I open them the files appear as "Read-only", so I can not generate the return package. Any help will be much appreciated.

kaarko
Local time: 11:38
English to Slovak
+ ...
solution May 30

I dont know why it happen, but the solution is to close Studio, open the project definition file (*.sdlproj) in Notepad or so, search for "ReferenceFile" and replace it with "WorkFile".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selected files marked as read only

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search