Thread poster: Eloise Testu

Eloise Testu  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:15
English to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2016

Hello everyone,

I have a problem: SDLX doesn't exist anymore. For two years, I worked for an agency as an in-house translator. This agency was equipped with SDLX. When I left this job to go freelance, I copied all my translations on my external hard drive (more than 500 projects).

I thought I would be able to open those files with the latest version of Trados, so I downloaded the trial version, but it didn't work.

Does anyone still have SDLX or an older version of Trados with which they could convert my .itd files to .sdlxliff or .tmx?

Having two years worth of experience that I can't leverage when I market myself is incredibly frustrating.

I will of course pay you for this service.

Thanks for your help!

Eloïse

Direct link Reply with quote

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
SDL Trados Studio 2015 will do it Mar 23, 2016

Hi Eloïse,

I have just opened an ITD file from one of my SDL projects from 2011 and saved it as an SDLXLIFF file. The SDLXLIFF file can then be imported into a translation memory.

There's no need to pay for anything, other than Studio

Ben

Eloise Testu  Identity Verified
Poland
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ben Mar 23, 2016

Thank you for your answer, Ben.

This is really strange that you could open your .itd file and I couldn't open mine. Maybe because I tried doing so in the trial version of Studio 2015? But what is the use of a trial version if you can't open files that you normally can open with the paying version?

I sent my file by e-mail to the Studio support team, but even them told me they could not open it. This is really weird.

Anyone here from the Trados support team to suggest anything?

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Yes very strange Mar 23, 2016

Hi Eloïse,

Yes that is very strange as the trial version is a complete full version of the professional Studio version. When compared with the Freelance version the trial version has more functionality.

I still have SDLX installed, if you wanted I could try opening a sample file from you and see what I can do with it. PM me if you want to try it out.

Ben

[Edited at 2016-03-23 11:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting .itd files into a format usable outside SDLX

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search