Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:04
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Mar 25, 2016

I tried both versions and the result was files that threw errors when testing on the server.
When I opened them with a text editor I could see that there were very important spacing/line break differences in the code. Is there any way to instruct Studio not to mess up with spacing/white space in php files?

I could not find a way to post code example here, so I posted it here:... See more
I tried both versions and the result was files that threw errors when testing on the server.
When I opened them with a text editor I could see that there were very important spacing/line break differences in the code. Is there any way to instruct Studio not to mess up with spacing/white space in php files?

I could not find a way to post code example here, so I posted it here:

https://metafrastis.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/studio-20142015-sp2-messing-with-spacingline-breaks-in-php-files/

Edit: I found a way, there is no php File Type but I edited the HTML5 File Type and reimported.

[Edited at 2016-03-26 14:27 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014/2015 SP2 messing with spacing/line breaks in php files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »