Studio 2014: Reseting the search cursor
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 16:29
German to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2016

How can I force SDL Studio to resume the search at the current segment, rather than always starting from the begiining?

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 16:29
English to German
Source/target language Mar 27, 2016

Your issue might be that your cursor focus is in the source segment but your search dialog says "search in the target language" or vice versa.

Not sure if I've explained that well. Assume you want to search a word in the source language. Click in a segment of the source language before you search. If you find something and edit the target segment, click in the corresponding source segment before you search again. (If you just leave the cursor in the target segme
... See more
Your issue might be that your cursor focus is in the source segment but your search dialog says "search in the target language" or vice versa.

Not sure if I've explained that well. Assume you want to search a word in the source language. Click in a segment of the source language before you search. If you find something and edit the target segment, click in the corresponding source segment before you search again. (If you just leave the cursor in the target segment, the undesired search behavior will occur.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Reseting the search cursor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »