Protecting text between special characters
Thread poster: Ben Senior

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:59
German to English
Mar 29, 2016

I have a very large text file (*.txt) to translate, where some lines of text are totally enclosed between special characters, for example "~~" at both the beginning and end of the line of text. How can I either prevent these lines of text from being displayed in Studio or make it "locked" text that cannot be translated. If possible I would prefer the first option.

Ben

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:59
Member (2008)
French to English
Use Word Mar 29, 2016

Perhaps you could you open it in Word and use Find-Replace to make the sections hidden. Save it as .docx and process it as such in Studio. The protected text should then show up in Studio as a tag. When you're done, unhide the text and save it as a .txt again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protecting text between special characters

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search