Protecting text between special characters
Thread poster: Ben Senior

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
German to English
Mar 29, 2016

I have a very large text file (*.txt) to translate, where some lines of text are totally enclosed between special characters, for example "~~" at both the beginning and end of the line of text. How can I either prevent these lines of text from being displayed in Studio or make it "locked" text that cannot be translated. If possible I would prefer the first option.

Ben

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:54
Member (2008)
French to English
Use Word Mar 29, 2016

Perhaps you could you open it in Word and use Find-Replace to make the sections hidden. Save it as .docx and process it as such in Studio. The protected text should then show up in Studio as a tag. When you're done, unhide the text and save it as a .txt again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protecting text between special characters

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search