https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/300232-how_can_i_find_a_previous_folder_path_for_a_project_in_studio_2014.html

How can I find a previous folder path for a project in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 30, 2016

I just completed the translation of it, created the return package, sent it and then removed the project from the project list. But when I opened this package I forgot to create my own folder and save it according to my own organized folder structure.

Now I'd like to name this project (couldn't do it beforehand before I had opened the package and viewed the contents), and change the automatic labelling that was created when I opened the package. But I can't find the original projec
... See more
I just completed the translation of it, created the return package, sent it and then removed the project from the project list. But when I opened this package I forgot to create my own folder and save it according to my own organized folder structure.

Now I'd like to name this project (couldn't do it beforehand before I had opened the package and viewed the contents), and change the automatic labelling that was created when I opened the package. But I can't find the original project where it was saved. Any ideas how to find it? I tried Windows AppData etc. but could not find anything.

[Edited at 2016-03-30 03:20 GMT]
Collapse

Anton Vorovatov
Anton Vorovatov  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Try searching all project files on your machine Mar 30, 2016

Try searching all project files on your machine (*.sdlproj) and then sort them by modified date.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:09
French to German
+ ...
Removing a project from the list does not remove the project folder Mar 30, 2016

Fredrik

If you remove a project from your project list in Studio, it only gets removed in the list, but the project folder is still there. This means that you can easily recover your project using the command "Open Project" and navigating to the project folder of this project.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I find a previous folder path for a project in Studio 2014?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »