Benoit Cros  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:33
Member (2013)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 30, 2016

Hello,

I would like to retrieve a TM from a package that I received earlier because I want to use this TM on a document I want to translate.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 13:33
German to Turkish
+ ...
Studio 2011 folder Mar 30, 2016

In case of Studio 2011, when you open the package, its contents are extracted into a project folder (it has the same name as your package) under the Studio 2011 folder. In that project folder, you'll find the usual subfolders (Tm, Tb, etc.) Your TM is in the TM folder there.

Elif

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Decompress the package Mar 30, 2016

Benoit

A package file (.SDLPPX) is basically a ZIP file. This means that you can simply change the file extension to ZIP (preferably after having made a copy of the file) and you will see the entire folder structure of the project folder. The TM(s) are located in the folder "TMs".

Walter

Samuel Pae  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
retrive the tm under the project folder Mar 30, 2016

I just retrive the TM from a package, because there is sth wrong with the return package, I import the original package and select the project folder location, and just copy the TM in the TM folder which is under the Project folder, It is easy, then you can use it in the coming project,
Hope that helps

Samuel

Benoit Cros  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 31, 2016

Thank you very much to you all!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Retrieve a TM from a package

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search