Thread poster: Willa95

Willa95
France
Local time: 00:51
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 30, 2016

Hello,

I recently bought SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus (2 licences for 2 computers). For the moment, I've activated only one licence on my desktop computer. I plan to activate the second one on my laptop soon but before that, I wanted to check something on this forum. If one of my computer breaks and can't be fixed and that I have to buy a new computer, could I activate my licence another time? I hope that my message is clear and that you can help me with this. Do not hesitate to answer in French for French speakers.

Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:51
Member (2015)
Studio License activations Mar 30, 2016

Hello,

In order to migrate your Studio license to another PC you would need to deactivate the Studio license first (from the Studio - Help- Product Activation) and then reactivate it on a new machine with the same license Code.

In the event of sudden PC breakdown you would need to log a support ticket and our Support Team will reset the license for you. You can use the second activation while our Support Team resetting the license to continue work on the project.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat

Willa95
France
Local time: 00:51
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 31, 2016

Thank you very much Roman. It helps a lot!

Have a nice day

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2015 New Computer

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search