Thread poster: Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:17
French to English
Mar 31, 2016

Hello

I use SDL Trados 2014 and generally have no problems with it. I have just completed a translation of 18 pages. When I output the translation the first 12 pages are fine. Half way down page 13 the original French version is printed and not the English translation, this continues for the rest of the document.

I have not had this problem before even with very long documents. I have tried re-saving, reconfirming each section.

Does anyone have a solution
... See more
Hello

I use SDL Trados 2014 and generally have no problems with it. I have just completed a translation of 18 pages. When I output the translation the first 12 pages are fine. Half way down page 13 the original French version is printed and not the English translation, this continues for the rest of the document.

I have not had this problem before even with very long documents. I have tried re-saving, reconfirming each section.

Does anyone have a solution for this.

Many thanks for any ideas.

[Edited at 2016-03-31 13:00 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Workaround Mar 31, 2016

Maybe try this workaround?
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/280517-generated_translation_half_in_source_text_half_in_target_text.html

Louise TAYLOR
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you - that worked Mar 31, 2016

Thank you very much Emma.

The workaround as stated wasn't a perfect fix. I had to directly copy the source for one section before and two after the issue. I then just had to type these in again without altering the formatting.

Very strange, but it works. Thank goodness!

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:17
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Was it Word 2003 format? Mar 31, 2016

I had this with one doc-file. I had to save it as docx and translate this again.

Louise TAYLOR
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Converted document Apr 1, 2016

Hello Heinrich

I have had trouble with 2003 and above documents before, specially if they have formatting. Before uploading them to SDL I always convert them to 1997-2003. This document is now fine though it is a .doc file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My output file is not wholly translated

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »