Add new segment to TM without a file
Thread poster: María Croxcatto

María Croxcatto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
English to Spanish
Mar 31, 2016

Do anyone of you know if it is possible to add new segments to a TM in Studio 2014 without having to process the file? I mean, open the TM management tool and directly add a couple of segments there.

Sometimes, my clients send me a few lines in the email body they use to update their materials, and it is somewhat cumbersome to have to copy paste that into a document, and process it through Studio in order to get it into the TM.

I need to keep record of those lines in case they appear later on in other tasks, as consistency needs to be maintained.

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:30
Try using... Mar 31, 2016

... T-Windows for clipboard. Some people find this really helpful, others don't get on with it at all... but it can do what you are after.

Why not try the new SDL Community

María Croxcatto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
English to Spanish
T-Windows would be great... if it worked! Mar 31, 2016

Hi Paul,

Thank you for bringing up T-Windows for clipboard. I have to say I have not thought about T-Windows for this (I forgot I had it in my PC). I tried it and it would be exactly what I am looking for... but unfortunately it does not work.

I can see in the post you referred me to that other people have the same issue: it won't save new segments due to an "Unknown error." So... any other workaround that you can think of? Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add new segment to TM without a file

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search