Thread poster: Anne-Claire Bennion
Anne-Claire Bennion
Anne-Claire Bennion  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:37
English to French
Apr 2, 2016

Hi,

Having received a new laptop yesterday, I undertook to re-install Trados Studio 2014 on it today to get some work done.
Whilst the translation process seems to work fine, some elements have disappeared, and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I have tried to repair the program several times, and installed/reinstalled 5 times, to no avail.
Here are the main issues I've spotted so far:

- When double-clicking on an incoming project, Studio opens but does not
... See more
Hi,

Having received a new laptop yesterday, I undertook to re-install Trados Studio 2014 on it today to get some work done.
Whilst the translation process seems to work fine, some elements have disappeared, and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I have tried to repair the program several times, and installed/reinstalled 5 times, to no avail.
Here are the main issues I've spotted so far:

- When double-clicking on an incoming project, Studio opens but does not open the dialog box to create/save the project. I then have to click on the 'open package' again to see the dialog box
- All the icons have defaulted to the blue Studio icon rather than the 'incoming' 'outgoing' package icons, the project icons, etc.

Most importantly, my project list keeps emptying itself. I have run 4 projects on it this afternoon and as soon as I finish a project, it disappears from the list, even though I have not closed it (or even created a return package in one instance).

Has anyone experienced anything like this or could suggest a course of action. I know these are not major things (well, the issue with the project lists is a massive pain), but I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks.
Collapse

Anne-Claire Bennion
Anne-Claire Bennion  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:37
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Update... Apr 4, 2016

Given the lack of answers, I thought I'd provide an update in case it helps someone in the same situation in future.

Basically, I transferred some files onto the new computer before installing Trados and it seems that some of the Trados files were pointing at values and files that no longer existed (different user name). I completely wiped out the laptop and restarted from scratch, starting with the installation of Trados and all other CAT tools and then transferred a more carefully
... See more
Given the lack of answers, I thought I'd provide an update in case it helps someone in the same situation in future.

Basically, I transferred some files onto the new computer before installing Trados and it seems that some of the Trados files were pointing at values and files that no longer existed (different user name). I completely wiped out the laptop and restarted from scratch, starting with the installation of Trados and all other CAT tools and then transferred a more carefully selected bunch of files (avoiding ANY file from the Program files (x86) folder, which seemed to be the ones causing issues.

It does seem to work now, although the wordcount at the bottom of the page is set to 0 for alles of segments at the moment, but I'll live with that.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues after installing Studio 2014 on a new laptop

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »