Does Studio 2015 SR 2 work with Windows 10?
Thread poster: LuxTranslations

LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 17:47
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
Apr 4, 2016

Hi,

has anybody migrated to Windows 10 with Studio 2015? If so, does it work fine or should I avoid this experience?

Many thanks,
Caroline

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Should be no problem Apr 4, 2016

If you search other threads, I think you should find that it should work fine.

At least for me it's rather a question if upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 does work well or not, not if Studio works well or not. (I did try last autumn, an experience I do not want to repeat on my current pc.)

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Okay here Apr 4, 2016

LuxTranslations wrote:
has anybody migrated to Windows 10 with Studio 2015? If so, does it work fine or should I avoid this experience?

Windows 10 here since last summer. Studio 2015 SR2 for a few weeks, Studio 2014 before that. No problems with either.

Dan

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Works perfectly Apr 5, 2016

Till sofar, but before you decide to upgrade, have a look at my thread (Windows 10), which I started about this subject.

It looks that upgrading from W8.1 is OK, but from W7 people encountered a lot of problems, so much, that I decided only to upgrade my W8.1 laptop, not my W7 desktop.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Studio 2015 SR 2 work with Windows 10?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search