Why can't Studio 2015 dialog windows detect the size of the screen?
Thread poster: Paul Denlinger

Paul Denlinger  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
Apr 6, 2016

I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i5 8/256 to drive an external 24" monitor.

Even though I am using a large monitor for Studio 2015, the dialogs for setting target and source languages are still small, and won't resize to the size of the external monitor.

This is not rocket science, and it is not hard to change the settings so that Studio 2015 detects a larger monitor and resizes or scales its dialog boxes to fit the size of the larger monitor. For a reasonably competent programming team, this is something that they should be able to do within one month, along with testing on different sized monitors.

I have had this problem for a long time, and would like to know when it will be fixed, because I enjoy having and working on a larger monitor to make my translating life easier, but find it extremely frustrating that Studio 2015 does not adjust automatically.

Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 13:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
SDL community forum Apr 7, 2016

SDL has a forum where you can post questions/suggestions/etc. The one for Trados Studio is:

https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90

Not sure how responsive the user forum is, but some of the other forums get good response from SDL staff. Specifically, in my case, I've done plugin development for Studio and the developer forum has been a great resource. In any event I would bet that the SDL dev team would be interested in hearing about this issue. It might just be an unanticipated use case that wasn't tested, and fixing these kinds of bugs depend on users reporting them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can't Studio 2015 dialog windows detect the size of the screen?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search