SDL Studio 2015: error when trying to create Return package (help!)
Thread poster: Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:24
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2016

I am trying to create a Return package, but am getting the error below. Sadly, I actually had to export the project as a TMX and do it in memoQ (memoQ handles SDL packages). However, I would like to fix tjhis before my next Studio project, so I don't have to resort to memoQ again.

The Error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl. Translation Studio. Plugins. World ServerTranslation Pro vider.Api. Version=12.0.0.0. Culture =neutral. PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Plugins.WorldSen/erTranslationProvider.Api, Version=12.0.0.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888‘ or one of its Type System.lO.FileNotFoundException. mscorlib. Version=4.0.0.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
FileName Sd I. T ra ns I ati on Stud i o. PI ug i ns. Worl d Ser/erT ra ns I ati on Provi der. Api. Version=12.0.0.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888
FusionLog WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF
HelpLink
Source Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging
HResuft -2147024894
a- Stacktrace
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging.ReturnPackageCreation.ProcessingWizardPage.Start(IJobService jobService) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractJobWizardPage'1.0nShow(Boolean first. Boolean back)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio. Packaging. FieturnPackageCreation. Processing WizardPage.OnShow(Boolean first. Boolean back) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard'1.SetPagelndex(lnt32 index) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard*1.Finish0
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard*1._form_Finish(Object sender. CancelEventArgs e) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.WizardForm._finishButton_Click(Object sender. EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows. Forms. Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(lntPtr hWnd. Int32 msg. IntPtr wparam. IntPtr Iparam)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any help would be very welcome!

Michael

http://beijer.uk/storage/sdlerror-2016415-12h4m38s.sdlerror.xml

[Edited at 2016-04-15 11:10 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 03:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
Native plugin error Apr 15, 2016

It seems like there is some kind of error with the SDL "plugin" for SDL Worldserver, which I think (but am not 100% sure) is a native plugin, i.e. you don't have to do anything special to install it, but rather it is part of the modular way that Trados works. You could try doing a "Repair" of your Studio installation, which should make sure all the necessary files are there, in case that's the problem.

Also, not an optimal solution....but does the project have a Worldserver based TM provider? If so you could try removing that from the project to see if it eliminates the problem (maybe make a backup of the project file first in case you want to revert).

United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Patrick! Apr 15, 2016

Patrick Porter wrote:

It seems like there is some kind of error with the SDL "plugin" for SDL Worldserver, which I think (but am not 100% sure) is a native plugin, i.e. you don't have to do anything special to install it, but rather it is part of the modular way that Trados works. You could try doing a "Repair" of your Studio installation, which should make sure all the necessary files are there, in case that's the problem.

Also, not an optimal solution....but does the project have a Worldserver based TM provider? If so you could try removing that from the project to see if it eliminates the problem (maybe make a backup of the project file first in case you want to revert).

I already tried a repair, which had no effect.

The project doesn't have a Worldserver based TM provider.

I think I will uninstall and reinstall completely. See if that helps.

Michael

United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK, problem solved Apr 18, 2016

I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled it. Now I can export Return packages.

Kind of sad that I paid £547.35 for a program and don't even get support. Even sadder when you consider that I actually had to do my first Studio job in memoQ, which could handle my Studio package.

Michael

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
SDL Studio 2015: error when trying to create Return package (help!) Apr 18, 2016

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear that you have had problems.
We do offer a whole host of support options and services.
Probably the best free support service we offer is our very own SDL Community-
Staffed by both Industry professional and SDL gurus' round the clock pretty much.
http://xl8.one
We also offer a whole catalogue of Webinars and You Tube videos which cover practically every angle of the software and 'How to'...
On top of that for general installation and licensing enquiries we have the Live Chat
http://bit.ly/SDLChat (Mon- Fr 9-5 BST)-
If the team cannot help you- then they will know who can.
And last but not least we have PSMA (Support and Maintenance) which is aimed at the full time professional translator who for a fixed fee per year is entitled to unlimited support and free upgrades.

Kr

SDL_Steve

United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tips Steve! Apr 18, 2016

SDL_Steve wrote:

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear that you have had problems.
We do offer a whole host of support options and services.
Probably the best free support service we offer is our very own SDL Community-
Staffed by both Industry professional and SDL gurus' round the clock pretty much.
http://xl8.one
We also offer a whole catalogue of Webinars and You Tube videos which cover practically every angle of the software and 'How to'...
On top of that for general installation and licensing enquiries we have the Live Chat
http://bit.ly/SDLChat (Mon- Fr 9-5 BST)-
If the team cannot help you- then they will know who can.
And last but not least we have PSMA (Support and Maintenance) which is aimed at the full time professional translator who for a fixed fee per year is entitled to unlimited support and free upgrades.

Kr

SDL_Steve

… I'll try http://xl8.one next time I have a problem!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2015: error when trying to create Return package (help!)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search