Locked inline sections in IDML files
Thread poster: Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
Local time: 21:11
English
Apr 19, 2016

Hello,

I am writing to find out if there is a way to create locked inline sections in IDML files in SDL Studio?

In my case the text parts to be locked would have their own specific character style.
Would it possible to use the character style tag as reference for the locking?

I have found a tutorial by Paul Filkin on YouTube (see below) but I am afraid that works only with XML files?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSL0dfcoJ-8

Thank you for your time!

Lorenzo

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
I only know "Hidden conditional text" Apr 21, 2016

Lorenzo

The only options I am aware for hiding text to be shown in Studio's Editor for InDesign are:

1) To put the text in a separate layer and hide it before exporting the IDML, but that is obviously not applicable for inline content.

2) Format the text as"Hidden conditional text". Such text is not processed by Studio or shown as an inline tag.

See the filetype InDesign for more details.

Walter

Lorenzo Cordini
English
TOPIC STARTER
I will try that! Apr 26, 2016

Thank you, Wlater for the tips!

I will look into that!

Lorenzo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Locked inline sections in IDML files

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search