Studio 2011: The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2.Platform.Client...' threw an exception
Thread poster: chinoff
chinoff
chinoff  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:54
English to French
+ ...
Apr 26, 2016

Hello,

I am a licensed user of Trados Studio 2011 Freelance, and since this morning I can't use it. I get the error message : "The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.IdentityInfoCache' threw an exception." And then Trados just shuts down.

I tried deleting the three files as said earlier in the topic, I also tried to update to Trados Studio 2011 SP2, and Java 8, but nothing seems to work, same message and Trados shuts down.

I
... See more
Hello,

I am a licensed user of Trados Studio 2011 Freelance, and since this morning I can't use it. I get the error message : "The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.IdentityInfoCache' threw an exception." And then Trados just shuts down.

I tried deleting the three files as said earlier in the topic, I also tried to update to Trados Studio 2011 SP2, and Java 8, but nothing seems to work, same message and Trados shuts down.

I had just tried Trados Suite 2015 Trial version for a month, do you think it's the reason? I uninstalled it all afterwards but i have been having this issue since. How can I get back to normal and use Trados 2011 to work?

Can you please help me, it's urgent ! I have two big and urgent projects to handle...

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Geneviève
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 07:54
Studio 2011 Apr 26, 2016

Dear Geneviève,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Could you please let me know what is the operating system on your computer?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use ou
... See more
Dear Geneviève,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Could you please let me know what is the operating system on your computer?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat
Collapse

chinoff
chinoff  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:54
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 26, 2016

Dear Guillaume,

Thank you for answering. I finally solved the main issue by renaming the file SDL in C/Users/AppData/Roaming/SDL/

My operating system is Windows 7.

I still seem to have some issues with different features though, that I will need to look into, but first I have to finish the two projects I am working on, as i got very much delayed with all this.

Kind regards,
Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2.Platform.Client...' threw an exception

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »