TRADOS treating all untranslated units as translated
Thread poster: Neil Coffey

Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:26
French to English
+ ...
Apr 27, 2016

I have a project where, for some inexplicable reason, TRADOS has decided to treat all untranslated sentence as though they are translated (i.e. the translation is blank, but it has a status of translated and confirmed).

Does anyone know: is there some bulk action I can perform to reverse this insanity, i.e. "for all unit whose translation is blank, set the status to 'untranslated'"?

NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 05:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Filter by Translated and enter “^.+$” in the Display Filter Apr 28, 2016

If I understand correctly, you can follow this procedure:

- Filter by Translated (Review ribbon > Display Filter group)
- Enter a this pattern “^.+$” (without quotes) in the Display Filter and ensure the In Target button is selected
- Press Enter
(Notice that only the segments with something in the Target column will appear.)

- Select all these translated segments and lock them (CTRL+L).
- Press the Reset Filters button
(Notice that all the segments are visible and the locked ones are your real translations.)

- Filter by Unlocked state in the Display Filter
(Notice that only segments Not translated and with bad Translated status are shown.

Please be very careful: Before going on, ensure you don't have any Draft/Translated approved/… segments or you'll lose these translations.)

- Select all the Unlocked segments, right click to open the pop-up menu and select Change segment status > Not translated.

Finally:
- Filter by Locked state in the Display Filter.
- Select all the Locked segments, and revert their status to Unlock.
- Press the Reset Filters button to view all the segments.

Is this what you needed to get?

... Jesús Prieto ...

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:26
Member (2009)
German to Greek
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 28, 2016

Thank you NeoAtlas! This is good solution.
I have had this problem a couple of times, but I was lucky to notice it quickly, so that I could solve it by pressing "undo" a few times.
I do not know why it happens. I imagined that I pressed some shortcut by mistake.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS treating all untranslated units as translated

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search