Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:37
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
May 4, 2016

Hello,

I am using the SDL 2011 version. For a proofreading project (EN>FR), one of my clients is asking me to work on SDL 2014-2015.
They said they can "loan" me the licence. I cannot seem to activate it. On my SDL interface, I clicked on 'Product activation', then 'Deactivated' my current licence, in hopes that I could just insert the new code lent by my client.... but I get an error message, saying the code should not have any letter characters, etc.

Is there something simple I am missing? Should I uninstall SDL 2011 and try to install 2014 (while all I have is the activation code my client gave me....).

Do you recommend a way to do this?

(I am a bit desperate because my deadline is tomorrow morning and my client is not responding anymore due to time difference!).

THANK YOU!!

Anne-Sophie

[Edited at 2016-05-04 22:06 GMT]

Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:37
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PROBLEM SOLVED! May 5, 2016

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2014 loaned by my client, but issue with activation! :(((

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search