Create a .sdlxliff file
Thread poster: ChiaBringhenti
ChiaBringhenti
Italy
Local time: 23:27
English to Italian
+ ...
May 5, 2016

An agency sent me a work in .sdlxliff file with everything you need to translate (file to be translate, tm, termbase, ecc) but it wants that I send my work back always in the .sdlxliff. This is its explanation:

"Please deliver the unclean translation (sdlxliff file) via e-mail. Do not change
the name of the files to be translated.
Filename of the zip for the target files: 080MEN_pag21_page30.mif.sdlxliff"

Could you help me with this?
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
sdlxliff is the format of the working file in Studio ... May 5, 2016

... so you don't need to do anything special except returning the file you are creating your translation in in Studio.

If you go into the folder where Studio is saving the files it is working with, you will find a folder with your target language. In my case it is nb_NO for Norwegian Bokmål. You will find the sdlxliff files you want to return, in this folder.

I hope the above explanation is clear enough.

By the way, the sdlxliff files there have both source and target.

ChiaBringhenti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 5, 2016

It's all clear. I did that! Thank you so much

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create a .sdlxliff file

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search