Trados Studio 2015 and web pages - how to get started?
Thread poster: Marla Kennedy

Marla Kennedy
Canada
Local time: 19:29
English to French
+ ...
May 5, 2016

I'm new to translating web pages using Trados Studio 2015.

If a client just sends me the link to a page, is that enough if I save the page as an html file (along with the corresponding folder of images, fonts, etc.)?

If so, do I have to import the folder with all the images as part of the Trados Project or just the core html file?

If so, how do I repackage everything so that the client has access to the core html file and all the images? If so, can Trados generate a reliable preview so that I know the final product looks ok?

Alternatively, Am I just supposed to send them the core html file and have them repackage everything on their end?

Is there a better tool I should be using for this kind of work?

If this topic has already been covered elsewhere in this forum, can someone send me the link? I tried looking this topic up, but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015 and web pages - how to get started?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search