S Ben Price  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:30
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 8, 2016

Hello,
I have a major problem. I'm working on a huge parts list. Whenever I accidentally hit CTRL-Z, which is often since I am used to using it, Trados Studio 2015 undoes a huge number of changes I have made. It takes maybe 60 seconds to run through them all. I've worked around it so far by simply hitting CTRL-Y and waiting for it to put all my changes back. This time, it undid god knows how much work and when I went to hit CTRL-Y to reapply all the changes, it gives me an error message:

"Intento de leer o escribir en la memoria protegida. A menudo, esta indica que hay otra memoria dañada."

I've lost about two days of work if I can't get these changes back. I tried removing and disabling the TMs for the project. No luck. I can see changes I made days ago have been changed back to the original. HELP!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:30
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use your TM May 9, 2016

I'm not sure which might be your specific problem, but in my own case, it is quite difficult to use CONTROL Z accidentally.
First, I would check the status of the translation memory I selected in the project I'm working on. It should be selected as Update.
Configuración del proyecto > Combinaciones de idiomas > Todas las combinaciones de idiomas > Memorias de traducción y traducción automatica

Second, it is almost impossible to loose the translation job done if it has been correctly introduced into the translation memory. Thus, if you take the original file, and create a new project, your previous translation will be applied automatically. If you have not created a new project, but decided to translate directly on your file, remember to open the *.sdlxliff file created by Studio. But, please remember that the translation memory has to be active.

I hope it helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 error: 'attempt to write to write-protected memory'

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search