Sandra B.
Portugal
Local time: 08:24
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 10, 2016

Hello,

I have 2 TMs enabled for one project but the concordance is only done in one TM. How can I change this in order the concordance to be done in both TMs? This is in Studio 2014.
Thanks,
sandra

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:24
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
A possibility May 10, 2016

Sandra Baptista wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 TMs enabled for one project but the concordance is only done in one TM. How can I change this in order the concordance to be done in both TMs? This is in Studio 2014.
Thanks,
sandra

Check if Corcondance is marked for both TM's. Go to Project settings and check, or else I wouldn't know.

Sandra B.
Portugal
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. May 10, 2016

Are you talking about the option "Search both project and main translation memories"? If yes, it is checked and it does not work...

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Check this out May 10, 2016

Sandra Baptista wrote:

Are you talking about the option "Search both project and main translation memories"? If yes, it is checked and it does not work...

You should see something like this, were you can individually set options for the listed TMs: https://community.sdl.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/90/NL089300580B01.png

Sandra B.
Portugal
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. May 10, 2016

Yes, Concordance is checked in both TMs. In the individual settings there is nothing related with concordance. I mean, I don't see any options related with concordance.

[Edited at 2016-05-10 22:53 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Weird... May 10, 2016

Sandra Baptista wrote:

Yes, Concordance is checked in both TMs. In the individual settings there is nothing related with concordance. I mean, I don't see any options related with concordance.

[Edited at 2016-05-10 22:53 GMT]

At any rate, just to be absolutely clear, with "individually set options for the listed TMs" I simply meant the check-boxes in that screenshot. If "Concordance" is checked for both of them, then I don't understand either why you're not getting results from both of them...

Also, just to be sure, you may also want to check the "Search" submenu for the "Minimum match value". Obviously, if that is set to X, you won't see any fuzzy match below that value.

Lastly, stupid question, I know, but are both TMs in the same language pair?

If nothing works, you could try exporting the "non working" TM to tmx and then importing it into a newly created memory and see if that works.

Other than that, nothing else comes to mind, sorry...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM not recognized

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search