Md Abu Alam  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 10:20
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
May 17, 2016

I use SDL Trados SP-2. However, I'm not expert in it. Recently when I was handling it, the screen that was indicating matching percentage dissapeared. And now I can't utilize the matched translation. So I need to translate all the words. Please suggest - how I can regain the matching indicator screen.

Another problem occured too. The left and right sides (that bring the source and target texts) of the main screen have been scrolling separately. How can I combine these again?

Christian Schaller
Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:20
English to German
Reset Window Layout May 18, 2016

This should be easy to fix. Go to the "View" tab and click "Reset Window Layout". All windows will then be reset to default settings and you should see matches again.

If that doesn't solve your problem, then there is likely an issue with the TM in the project settings. So in that case check whether the TM is activated.

Md Abu Alam
Md Abu Alam  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 10:20
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I reset Window Layout, but failed to solve the problem. Jul 25, 2016

I reset Window Layout, but failed to solve the problem. Then how will I deactivate the TM in the project settings?

[Edited at 2016-07-25 23:21 GMT]

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:20
French to German
+ ...
Did you resize the column? Jul 26, 2016

Md Abu Alam wrote:
Recently when I was handling it, the screen that was indicating matching percentage dissapeared. And now I can't utilize the matched translation.

What do you mean by "screen that was indicating matching percentage"? I don't know such a screen. The matching percentage is shown in the third column of the Editor window (between the source and target columns). Did you possibly move the delimiters of the column so that you can't see it anymore? Try to correct this.

Another problem occured too. The left and right sides (that bring the source and target texts) of the main screen have been scrolling separately. How can I combine these again?

Go to the "View - Actions" section of the ribbon and enable the function "Auto-scroll source document to align ....".
The setting is enabled by default, meaning you must have disabled it by inadvertence.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Matching indicator screen dissapeared

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »