How to work with Multiterm in Trados during translation
Thread poster: Teresa Woischiski

Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:41
Member (2017)
English to German
May 25, 2016

I have recently taken the Mulitterm Webinar. I understood it well but have one very basic question:

after having started a new Termbase, I want to open it in Trados, to use it on my ongoing translation.
I have tried to, but it does not work.

sdltb, mtd, all formats. It just does not load.

Can anyone explain me the steps?

Thanks a lot,
Teresa

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:41
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados Options May 25, 2016

Teresa Woischiski wrote:

I have recently taken the Mulitterm Webinar. I understood it well but have one very basic question:

after having started a new Termbase, I want to open it in Trados, to use it on my ongoing translation.
I have tried to, but it does not work.

You need to open the Trados Home menu > Options > Language pair > [select TM, select TermBase].
MultiTerm is independent of Trados but it shares the TermBase with Trados for translation.

Soonthon L.

SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
How to Add Multiterm Termbases to Studio May 25, 2016

Dear Teresa

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Have you added a Termbase to your Translation? You could add a Termbase for the general Setup in Studio -> File -> Options -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

Germany
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
still not working May 25, 2016

Thank you both a lot. I have done that now. It should work..but it doesn't. I have added my termbank, clicked ok but still nothing. Do I have to active anything IN Trados after that?

Thanks a lot.

Germany
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
IT WORKED May 25, 2016

IT WORKED! I clicked open termbase on the right window IN the editor now. Instead of on the left: options...

Thanks so much!

All the best,
Teresa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to work with Multiterm in Trados during translation

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search