Thread poster: Helene1974

Helene1974  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:20
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 31, 2016

This I am sure is posted elsewhere but I cannot locate it. How can you update your current TM in Trados after the client sends you revised Word docs? I am trying to run the edited/revised word docs to update the TM I have so it will reflect changes made...is there a way of doing that? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:20
French to German
+ ...
Update the TM ... Jun 1, 2016

... either by opening the bilingual SDXLIFF and revising/confirming the segments or running the batch task "Finalize" or by simply importing the SDLXLIFF into your TM.

If you don't have the SDLXLIFF, but only the revised target document, you can use the "Retrofit" feature (which is available since Studio 2015).
This will update your TM based on the changes made in the target document. Please be aware however that this only works fine if not to many changes have been made to the document. Changes to the content without structural changes usually work fine.

Walter

Helene1974  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:20
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM update Jun 8, 2016

Hi

There are about 50 files to this job. Is it enough to just run the 'finalize' option in one file to update the whole TM file? The client has basically made changes to the Word docs I sent to them and they are now asking me to implement the changes made in the Word docs in the TM I have.
I have never done this. Would finalize still work?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help updating current TM with revised Word docs

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search