Benoit Cros  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:16
Member (2013)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 1, 2016

Hello,

I have a weird issue with Trados. I just created a project with 2 files and the preparation went just normally. But I had forgotten a third file. I added it. And now, I can't open any of the files. And when I right-click, the option "Open for translation" is not available. There's actually just one option available which is "Copy into target language", which doesn't make sense because it has been done before.

Anyone knows what happens here?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Switch back to target language Jun 1, 2016

Hi, Benoit, have a look here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/293972-studio_2015_problems_importing_new_documents_into_an_existing_project.html

Regards

Susanne

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you run the batch task "Prepare" ... Jun 1, 2016

.. for the file you added?

When you create a project, the source files are converted to bilingual format (SDLXLIFF). If you add a new file or replace one afterwards, you need to repeat this task for the added file otherwise it does not get converted to SDLXLIFF.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No "Open for translation"

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search