MultiTerm: common user profile/name possible?
Thread poster: Maëlle Collin
Maëlle Collin
Maëlle Collin
France
Local time: 06:10
English to French
+ ...
Jun 2, 2016

Hi,

I am currently doing an internship in a translation company.

Yesterday, I deleted a bunch of locked entries in MultiTerm in the terminology bases. They were causing trouble since whenever an employee was trying to edit an entry made by another employee, an error message would show up telling them they couldn't do anything since they hadn't created the entry themselves. There's about 10 computers here, each of them with a different username.

So, is the
... See more
Hi,

I am currently doing an internship in a translation company.

Yesterday, I deleted a bunch of locked entries in MultiTerm in the terminology bases. They were causing trouble since whenever an employee was trying to edit an entry made by another employee, an error message would show up telling them they couldn't do anything since they hadn't created the entry themselves. There's about 10 computers here, each of them with a different username.

So, is there any way to have a common profile on every computer? That way they would no longer have issues trying to edit an entry.

Thanks!
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:10
French to German
+ ...
Is this a file-based or a server-based termbase? Jun 3, 2016

Hi Maelle

Locked entries are not caused because several users access a same entry (which is only possible if you have a server-based termbase on MultiTerm server,) but usually if something goes wrong while an entry is being edited, e.g. if Studio crashes before the entry gets saved.

This means that locked entries should appear rarely. Fortunately, they can be unlocked through MultiTerm Administrator.

May I suggest that in future you post such questions on
... See more
Hi Maelle

Locked entries are not caused because several users access a same entry (which is only possible if you have a server-based termbase on MultiTerm server,) but usually if something goes wrong while an entry is being edited, e.g. if Studio crashes before the entry gets saved.

This means that locked entries should appear rarely. Fortunately, they can be unlocked through MultiTerm Administrator.

May I suggest that in future you post such questions on the public SDL forum at
https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90

This forum is moderated by many experts (not only from SDL, but also) and you have a high chance to get answers to your questions, especially if they relate to server-based products.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2016-06-03 15:11 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm: common user profile/name possible?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »