Studio 2015: Realtime preview and which version of Word
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:20
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Jun 3, 2016

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I have licenses to both Office 2010 and 2016 and used them happily side by side with Studio 2015. After Studio released one of the latest versions that supported the real-time preview in Word 2016, I tried uninstalling Word 2010, but found that Word 2016 didn't preview all documents, so I reinstalled 2010. Studio 2015 now creates all previews using Word 2010, however I'm getting a lot instances of Word 2016 being triggered to launch as well, which means I have to close lots of windows and relaunch the preview. So my questions are: does anyone have a solution? Or, alternatively, does the latest version of Studio 2015 support all Word previews now (i.e. shall I try removing Word 2010 again)?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_ Thomas
Germany
Local time: 07:20
SDL Community Thread Jun 3, 2016

Dear Olly

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/6402
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: Realtime preview and which version of Word

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search