Studio 2015: Realtime preview and which version of Word
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:27
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Jun 3, 2016

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I have licenses to both Office 2010 and 2016 and used them happily side by side with Studio 2015. After Studio released one of the latest versions that supported the real-time preview in Word 2016, I tried uninstalling Word 2010, but found that Word 2016 didn't preview all documents, so I reinstalled 2010. Studio 2015 now creates all previews using Word 2010, however I'm getting a lot instances of Word 2016 being triggered to launch as well, which means I have to close lots of windows and relaunch the preview. So my questions are: does anyone have a solution? Or, alternatively, does the latest version of Studio 2015 support all Word previews now (i.e. shall I try removing Word 2010 again)?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_ Thomas
Germany
Local time: 22:27
SDL Community Thread Jun 3, 2016

Dear Olly

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/6402
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: Realtime preview and which version of Word

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search