Trados 2014 Revision won't open - "already open in Editor- Translate"
Thread poster: Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic

Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2011)
English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2016

hello everyone! I have a file to edit (formerly JP-EN) and I am proofreading the translation. When I upload the sdlxliff file it tells me "the file is already opened in the editor for translation".

Since this is my first time to use the editor function, is it normal to see the files as bilingual? I think I am missing a step.

I did erase my former downloads so there is just one open copy in the SDL software (though 8it says otherwise.)

Help!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:27
French to German
+ ...
Check that no file is open in the Editor Jun 3, 2016

Anastasia

Studio does not allow you to open the same document twice, once in translation mode and once in review mode.

Check that you don't have the document open in the Editor before you open the SDLXLIFF in review mode. If necessary, restart Studio to make sure that no file is open and then open your file for review.

BTW: the Studio Editor always works on bilingual files (SDLXLIFF).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 Revision won't open - "already open in Editor- Translate"

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search