Trados 2014 Revision won't open - "already open in Editor- Translate"
Thread poster: Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic

Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
English
+ ...
Jun 3, 2016

hello everyone! I have a file to edit (formerly JP-EN) and I am proofreading the translation. When I upload the sdlxliff file it tells me "the file is already opened in the editor for translation".

Since this is my first time to use the editor function, is it normal to see the files as bilingual? I think I am missing a step.

I did erase my former downloads so there is just one open copy in the SDL software (though 8it says otherwise.)

Help!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:29
French to German
+ ...
Check that no file is open in the Editor Jun 3, 2016

Anastasia

Studio does not allow you to open the same document twice, once in translation mode and once in review mode.

Check that you don't have the document open in the Editor before you open the SDLXLIFF in review mode. If necessary, restart Studio to make sure that no file is open and then open your file for review.

BTW: the Studio Editor always works on bilingual files (SDLXLIFF).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 Revision won't open - "already open in Editor- Translate"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search