Thread poster: Mustafa C. KATI

Mustafa C. KATI  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:39
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2016

The title says it all. I have a large sdlxliff file and it's getting even larger as I proceed. So the process gets slower by each segment. I need to split it, translate them and merge them to a single file again. The application SDLXLIFF Split/Merge is not available anymore on translationzone. Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 23:39
Member (2016)
Text editor? Jun 5, 2016

Isn't this something that you can do with a text editor too? By copying the file header and closing tag to chunks of the large file?

Or: Make several copies of the file. From the first copy you remove the lines 2000-end. From the second copy you remove the lines 1-2000 and 4000-end etc.

Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:39
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
The title of the app says it all too Jun 5, 2016

Mustafa C. KATI wrote:

The title says it all. I have a large sdlxliff file and it's getting even larger as I proceed. So the process gets slower by each segment. I need to split it, translate them and merge them to a single file again. The application SDLXLIFF Split/Merge is not available anymore on translationzone. Any ideas?

There is an app/plugin in the translationzone webpage that does exactly what you are looking for:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/sdl-xliff-split-merge/20/

Mustafa C. KATI  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:39
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
this is just what I needed Jun 6, 2016

Huw Watkins wrote:

Mustafa C. KATI wrote:

There is an app/plugin in the translationzone webpage that does exactly what you are looking for:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/sdl-xliff-split-merge/20/

I heard about this app but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for the link. You made my day!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to split a large sdlxliff file in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search