Thread poster: Mustafa C. KATI

Mustafa C. KATI  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 21:13
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2016

The title says it all. I have a large sdlxliff file and it's getting even larger as I proceed. So the process gets slower by each segment. I need to split it, translate them and merge them to a single file again. The application SDLXLIFF Split/Merge is not available anymore on translationzone. Any ideas?

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 20:13
Text editor? Jun 5, 2016

Isn't this something that you can do with a text editor too? By copying the file header and closing tag to chunks of the large file?

Or: Make several copies of the file. From the first copy you remove the lines 2000-end. From the second copy you remove the lines 1-2000 and 4000-end etc.

Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:13
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
The title of the app says it all too Jun 5, 2016

Mustafa C. KATI wrote:

The title says it all. I have a large sdlxliff file and it's getting even larger as I proceed. So the process gets slower by each segment. I need to split it, translate them and merge them to a single file again. The application SDLXLIFF Split/Merge is not available anymore on translationzone. Any ideas?

There is an app/plugin in the translationzone webpage that does exactly what you are looking for:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/sdl-xliff-split-merge/20/

Mustafa C. KATI  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 21:13
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
this is just what I needed Jun 6, 2016

Huw Watkins wrote:

Mustafa C. KATI wrote:

There is an app/plugin in the translationzone webpage that does exactly what you are looking for:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/sdl-xliff-split-merge/20/

I heard about this app but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for the link. You made my day!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to split a large sdlxliff file in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search