Studio 2015 - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
Thread poster: Mike Roebuck
Mike Roebuck  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:21
German to English
+ ...
Jun 7, 2016

I know this crops up from time to time, but I've never really had a problem with it until now, and the explanation in the knowledge base doesn't help.

I accepted an assignment yesterday consisting of over 60 files and so decided to create a package. I got as far as adding files, when I got the above error message for two of the files and this halted the procedure. So - no project without removing these files first.

The client came back this morning and asked for certain files to be translated first, and urgently.

So I started on the first (DOCX) file and got the above error message as soon as I tried to confirm a segment. I had the same problem with a DOCX file last week. I can save the XLIFF and the target file, but can't confirm segments, so my TMs are not being updated. Given that this is an ongoing project for a long-standing client who has a very specific vocabulary, the TMs are really important.

Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a solution or workaround?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Guillaume
Member (2015)
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Jun 7, 2016

Dear Mr Roebuk,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Could you tell me what is the operating system of your computer?

And could you also tell me if this is the article of our Knowledge Base you are referring to? http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4257

if this article does not help, please contact our SDL Community: http://xl8.one

You will find there experts and professionals capable to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
System error? Jun 7, 2016

Hello Guillaume.

Yes, the link you quote is the one I was referring to, which concerns the error being thrown up when trying to save a target file.

In fact, my problem is not being able to confirm translated segments, which means my TMs are not updated. I'm running Windows 10.

I'll contact the SDL Community, as you suggest.

Thanks.

United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 7, 2016

Just to let you know that I've solved the problem.

I traced it to a software fault - specifically, a driver fault that was probably caused by a Windows update. Using the repair option fixed it and I'm now able to confirm segments again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search