Translating XML with Entities conversion
Thread poster: tfuckar
tfuckar
Croatia
Jun 14, 2016

Hello everybody!

This is my first post here so I'm apologizing in advance if I write something the way I'm not supposed to.

I have a problem with "SDL Trados Studio 2015 SR2 - 12.2.5099.5" while trying to translate XML with custom created XML file type.
Inside the XML are "property" tags and inside every "property" tag is HTML that has to be translated.
The problem is that HTML has entities that are coded like ">", "<", "&" and so on.

This is an example of one "property" tag:

Code:
<property isMultiValue="false" nodePath="/some/path:content" propertyName="text">&lt;h1&gt;Headline 1&lt;/h1&gt;
&lt;p&gt;This is first paragraph with &lt;strong&gt;bold&lt;/strong&gt; and &lt;em&gt;italics&lt;/em&gt; text.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;This is second paragraph with &lt;a data-rte-link="true" data-rte-button="true" href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank"&gt;link to google&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;This is third paragraph with non-breaking&amp;nbsp;space.&lt;/p&gt;
</property>

I've managed to set-up custom XML file type the way it converts all "&gt;", "&lt;" and "&amp;" into ">", "<" and "&" (and vice versa, when Trados is saving target file), but I am not able to set it up the way is shows inline tags instead of text.
For example, Editor in Trados Studio is showing "<h1>Headline 1</h1>" which is better than "&lt;h2&gt;Headline 1&lt;/h2&gt;" but it would be best if it would recognize <h1> as an inline tag.

It does not have any difference if I tick on "Convert numeric entity references to inline placeholder tags" or not. The results are the same - HTML tags are displayed in plain text form instead of an (inline) tags.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Tom

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating XML with Entities conversion

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search