a problem with studio multiterm
Thread poster: Nehad Nasr
Nehad Nasr
Egypt
Local time: 09:21
English to Arabic
Jun 15, 2016

Dear Translators,
My windows was corrupted and then I installed a new version. Then I reinstall all our beloved tools among them was Studio 2015. I am using an original version with license ( not a crack one). Yet since this new installation, I cannot open any multiterm and have the following error message. Do anybody know how to solve it.

The error message says:
was a problem opening the termbase at (the path of the termbase). Check that this is a valid termbase and that you have permission to access it?

However, I am sure that the termbase is correct and I opened it many time before changing my Windows.

Can any body help?
Thank you so much

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 08:21
Member (2015)
Check that this is a valid termbase and that you have permission to access it Jun 16, 2016

Dear Mr Nasr,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

So I can assist you further, could you send me in a message the 6 digits order number of your license? Could you also tell me what is the operating system of your computer?

We have an article in our Knowledge Base about this error message, with a resolution: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:8955

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Nehad Nasr
Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Jun 16, 2016

Dear Mr Guillaume,

Thank you so much for your reply. My OP is Windows 7 but not SP1. I am now trying to install SP 1 and will try. I can not express my deep thanks. once it works, I will get back to you.

Nehad Nasr
Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Your solution works well Jun 16, 2016

Hi Mr Guillaume,
Thank you so much. Now the multiterm can work easily.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a problem with studio multiterm

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search