International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Failing to activate my license - 5 days left... what to do?
Thread poster: El Belga Translations

El Belga Translations
Costa Rica
Local time: 07:47
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 17, 2016

Hi you all!

Last May 22, 2016 I bought the SDL Trados 2015 SR 2 Starter version, as I am starting my freelancing activities, but do not have the financial means nor time (still in a full-time day job) for buying the full freelance version just yet. After purchasing the programme, I received a final screen with an Order Confirmation Number (I have a screenshot of that), followed by my bank calling me in order to confirm the charge on my bank account by SDL Trados. So far, so good.

Now, I have 5 days left to activate my license. I dug into my mails, but apparently I never received any e-mail with an activation code.

Watching the tutorial videos about activating a license, I saw that this is also possible through my SDL account (in Products&Plans > Licenses, more precisely).

To my big surprise, it shows "No data - You have no licenses". When moving over to Account > Order history, to my even bigger surprise it says: "No data - You have no completed orders".

Yet, my credit card was charged and I did receive an end-of-process screen with an Order Confirmation Code.

Anyone has any experience with this or knows what to do? Or is activation of a license not required for this stripped-down version of Trados 2015? It is rather important to me to solve this problem, since I have already kicked off with my freelance activities and assignments are starting to come in. Any help on this would be welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:47
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Your Studio 2015 Starter purchase Jun 17, 2016

Hi Arne,

I believe you post here in Proz and our SDL community may have crossed each other.
Just for clarity, the order (order nr 406057/22nd May) that I have been able to find on your account has not yet been paid.
If you have paid for a different order, please provide the 6 digit order number so that I can track this down for you.

Kr
SDL_Steve

[Edited at 2016-06-17 09:44 GMT]

El Belga Translations
Costa Rica
Local time: 07:47
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! How to proceed now? Jun 17, 2016

Hi Steve!

Thanks for your reply. Apparentely something went wrong at bank level than (although they gave me a confirmation call). Still, the weird thing is that the Pending Order section of my account doesn't show anything either.

Do you wreckon I should just to to the website and buy it again, or is there any other way of 'continuing' the purchase I did a month ago?

You can always write me in PM if you want.

Best regards,

Arne

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:47
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Your SDL order Jun 20, 2016

Hi Arne,

The order is available in your SDL account- just go to ORDERS- Outstanding and you will see the order.
You can then process payment online.

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failing to activate my license - 5 days left... what to do?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search