Failing to activate my license - 5 days left... what to do?
Thread poster: El Belga Translations

El Belga Translations
Costa Rica
Local time: 15:07
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 17, 2016

Hi you all!

Last May 22, 2016 I bought the SDL Trados 2015 SR 2 Starter version, as I am starting my freelancing activities, but do not have the financial means nor time (still in a full-time day job) for buying the full freelance version just yet. After purchasing the programme, I received a final screen with an Order Confirmation Number (I have a screenshot of that), followed by my bank calling me in order to confirm the charge on my bank account by SDL Trados. So far, so good.

Now, I have 5 days left to activate my license. I dug into my mails, but apparently I never received any e-mail with an activation code.

Watching the tutorial videos about activating a license, I saw that this is also possible through my SDL account (in Products&Plans > Licenses, more precisely).

To my big surprise, it shows "No data - You have no licenses". When moving over to Account > Order history, to my even bigger surprise it says: "No data - You have no completed orders".

Yet, my credit card was charged and I did receive an end-of-process screen with an Order Confirmation Code.

Anyone has any experience with this or knows what to do? Or is activation of a license not required for this stripped-down version of Trados 2015? It is rather important to me to solve this problem, since I have already kicked off with my freelance activities and assignments are starting to come in. Any help on this would be welcome!icon_smile.gif

Thanks a lot in advance!

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:07
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Your Studio 2015 Starter purchase Jun 17, 2016

Hi Arne,

I believe you post here in Proz and our SDL community may have crossed each other.
Just for clarity, the order (order nr 406057/22nd May) that I have been able to find on your account has not yet been paid.
If you have paid for a different order, please provide the 6 digit order number so that I can track this down for you.

Kr
SDL_Steve

[Edited at 2016-06-17 09:44 GMT]

El Belga Translations
Costa Rica
Local time: 15:07
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! How to proceed now? Jun 17, 2016

Hi Steve!

Thanks for your reply. Apparentely something went wrong at bank level than (although they gave me a confirmation call). Still, the weird thing is that the Pending Order section of my account doesn't show anything either.

Do you wreckon I should just to to the website and buy it again, or is there any other way of 'continuing' the purchase I did a month ago?

You can always write me in PM if you want.

Best regards,

Arne

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:07
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Your SDL order Jun 20, 2016

Hi Arne,

The order is available in your SDL account- just go to ORDERS- Outstanding and you will see the order.
You can then process payment online.

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failing to activate my license - 5 days left... what to do?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search