Studio 2014: Preview steals focus for every segment
Thread poster: eivind

eivind
Local time: 01:51
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 20, 2016

I am working on a project with xml preview. Every time I confirm a segment, the preview updates, and I lose focus after 3 seconds—right as I am in the middle of typing the next segment. The arrow keys on the keyboard suddenly navigate the preview window rather than the cursor. I have tried to close the preview window, undock it, change from real-time to xml preview, and nothing helps. As you can imagine, this is quite annoying.

The first post in the second page on this thread from 2012 details the same issue occuring in Studio 2011:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/220216-various_starter_questions_from_frustrated_new_studio_2011_user-page2.html

Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue?

Direct link Reply with quote

tz7
United States
Local time: 12:51
English to Japanese
Studio 2015 has the same issue! Oct 17, 2016

I am working on HTML files and once I open the preview pane, every time I submit my translation, it looses window focus and I need to click the next segment to continue. This issue stays after I close the preview pane.

To solve the issue, I had to close the preview completely and restart Studio.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Preview steals focus for every segment

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search