Studio 2014: Preview steals focus for every segment
Thread poster: eivind
eivind
Local time: 14:23
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 20, 2016

I am working on a project with xml preview. Every time I confirm a segment, the preview updates, and I lose focus after 3 seconds—right as I am in the middle of typing the next segment. The arrow keys on the keyboard suddenly navigate the preview window rather than the cursor. I have tried to close the preview window, undock it, change from real-time to xml preview, and nothing helps. As you can imagine, this is quite annoying.

The first post in the second page on this thread from 2012 details the same issue occuring in Studio 2011:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/220216-various_starter_questions_from_frustrated_new_studio_2011_user-page2.html

Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue?

Direct link Reply with quote

tz7
United States
Local time: 02:23
English to Japanese
Studio 2015 has the same issue! Oct 17, 2016

I am working on HTML files and once I open the preview pane, every time I submit my translation, it looses window focus and I need to click the next segment to continue. This issue stays after I close the preview pane.

To solve the issue, I had to close the preview completely and restart Studio.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Preview steals focus for every segment

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search