SDL error upon opening package: dependent file not found
Thread poster: severita

severita  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:14
English to French
+ ...
Jun 22, 2016

When receiving packages from external agency, I keep getting an error message when opening the package. Message, in French, reads: "FICHIER dépendant introuvable". it then looks like it can't find the original document (original PPTX for instance). If I ignore this message, hence confirm that I do not want to access this missing file, the file opens correctly for translation in Studio 2015. However, then I can't use the "save as" function to create a PPTX document. Again, error message that says the original document is missing.
Anybody else has experienced this? Any clue where the problem comes from? It has happened with 2 different packages in the last 2 days.

SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
Local time: 21:14
Knowledge Base Article Jun 22, 2016

Dear Severita

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/3897.html
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:14
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Contact the sender of the files Jun 22, 2016

They should not send you files with missing content IMO.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL error upon opening package: dependent file not found

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search