Open a MemoQ mqxlz file in Studio 2015
Thread poster: Joanne Parker

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:46
German to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2016

Hi,

Not sure whether I should be asking this here or in the MemoQ forum...

My client has sent me 6 files to edit in MemoQ and a TM. Since I only have the free version of MemoQ, I want to use Studio 2015 which I use daily and prefer.

My list of file types in Studio says that MQXLZ is supported, but when I try to translate an individual document in Studio, I get the error "This file type is not supported".

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to translate the memoQ files in Studio please?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:46
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Mqxliff Jun 28, 2016

Hi Joanne,
I'm not sure about Studio 2015, I use 2014 with the MQ add-on, but methinks it's the same.

Ask the agency to send you Mqxliff files and you should be able to open them in Studio, translate, then save a new Mqxliff file with the translation to send to the client.

chatterjee88
India
Local time: 19:16
Member (2015)
English to Bengali
Open a MemoQ mqxlz file in Studio 2015 Jun 28, 2016

Hi,

Jo is right. Please ask client for mqliff files. It oens in trados.

Thanks

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 15:46
Member (2016)
Unzip Jun 28, 2016

Jo Macdonald wrote:

Hi Joanne,
I'm not sure about Studio 2015, I use 2014 with the MQ add-on, but methinks it's the same.

Ask the agency to send you Mqxliff files and you should be able to open them in Studio, translate, then save a new Mqxliff file with the translation to send to the client.

Rename .MQXLZ to .ZIP and unzip the package. Inside you'll find the MQXLIFF.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open a MemoQ mqxlz file in Studio 2015

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search