Anne Besnier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:42
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Jun 29, 2016

Hi
In April 2015 I bought a licence Trados Studio 2014 Plus so that I could install it on 2 laptops. I also have free upgrade to Trados Studio 2015.
I installed Trados on my laptop at the time.
I have just purchased another laptop and I would like to install the licence of Trados on it.
When I downloaded Trados, it came as Trados Studio 2015 and not as Trados Studio 2014. (This may explain the problem I'm having at the moment). When I enter the activation code, it doesn't seem to be recognised. I can't activate the licence.
I am not sure what to do next. Any help would be highly appreciated

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_ Thomas
Germany
Local time: 23:42
Studio Activation Jun 29, 2016

Dear Anne

Thank you for posting here in Proz.com
To be able to help you further, can you let me know the order number of your Studio 2015?
Please visit our Chat Facility for direct contact with us
www.sdl.com/CXDesk
(Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.00 pm)

Kind regards

SDL_Thomas

United Kingdom
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
order number Trados Studio 2014 Jun 29, 2016

Many thanks for your response Thomas

The order number for Trados Studio 2014 is: 365716 (29 April 2015)

It says that the licence is for an unlimited time, so I hope I haven't lost the option to install it on a 2nd machine.

Many thanks again

Yael Ramon  Identity Verified
Israel
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Don't know if thomas helped you further.... but Jun 30, 2016

please note that you have to uninstall 2015, and install 2014 from your private licensed products in the SDL portal. only then you can use the second license. also, if you already installed 2014 twice before, you need to return one license before you can move it to a new computer.

United Kingdom
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download Trados Studio 2014 - 'Sofware informer' website Jun 30, 2016

Thank you Yael for your answer which makes absolutely sense to me.

My issue is: I can't download Trados Studio 2014 from my SDL account. I just have the activation code for it.

I can see that I can download Trados Studio 2014 from this website (Software informer):
http://sdl-trados-studio-2014.software.informer.com/download/

For security reasons, I would have preferred to download it from the SDL website. Is Software informer a genuine website?

Many thanks to anybody who can answer that question

SDL_ Thomas
Germany
Access to Installation Files Jun 30, 2016

Hello Anne,

Thank you for the reply.

You have access to the Studio 2014 Installation file via your Online Account/ Product & Plans / Downloads.
The Studio 2015 License still needs to be upgraded, which is available via your online account with us.
I have sent a more detailed Email to the registered Email ID from you with us.

Please get back to me if i can be of any assistance

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
activation on a 2nd Machine Jun 30, 2016

Hi Anne,

I understand you have received a few replies already and just wanted to add a few points as I have your email from my colleague Emelie S.

First of all I would like to express a word of advice (WARNING) to all translators to ONLY download our software from sdl.com/translationzone.com (trials) or if you are already a SDL customer ONLY from your personal SDL account.
There are many websites out there that offer our software but are neither legal OR safe and you cannot be 100% sure what else may be installing....!!!!

When you access your SDL account and go to DOWNLOADS- please scroll down to Studio 2014 where you will see the proper download.
Once installed you can then use your Studio 2014 activation code for the second installation.

If you need more help please let me know.

Kr

SDL_Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

activation code on 2nd machine - Trados Studio 2014/15

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search