Thread poster: Anna Sarah Krämer Fazendeiro

Anna Sarah Krämer Fazendeiro
Germany
Local time: 14:59
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 30, 2016

I would like to disable the info fields that appear when I hover over the translation status symbol of the segments and the merged file separators. Is there a way to do that? I don't need this information and it always blocks my view when proofreading.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Seconded Jun 30, 2016

Absolutely! One of the most annoying quirks of Studio, and a real productivity killer!

Laura Kingdon  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:59
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Thirded Jun 30, 2016

Agreed. Really annoying.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Why annoying? Jul 14, 2016

This is useful information and most Studio users would not like to be without it.

It only shows up if you place your mouse pointer over the icon, which is not the case in normal work while you translate.

So, I can't understand why it disturbs you while translating.

Walter

Laura Kingdon  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:59
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
It does disturb some of us Jul 14, 2016

Walter Blaser wrote:

This is useful information and most Studio users would not like to be without it.

It only shows up if you place your mouse pointer over the icon, which is not the case in normal work while you translate.

So, I can't understand why it disturbs you while translating.

Walter

Because my mouse often ends up over that section after I click and then start to type in a segment, and the box doesn't add any useful information for me at all. Also, the mouse doesn't have to be over just the icon; the info will appear if my mouse is anywhere inside the box.

I'm not suggesting removing it entirely since as you say it is useful for some people, but an option to disable it would remove one frequent annoyance I have while using Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disable info fields that appear when hovering over segments

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search