Thread poster: MJ Barber

MJ Barber  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2016

Dear All,

I have Trados Studio 2014 on Window 10. In a project I have just received, when I am typing in a segment, the cursor jumps back a few postions and just stays put there. I can reposition it with the mouse, or sometimes by just pressing the back key, but then it gets stuck again, and when I delete characters that come after it, it refuses to delete the final one, making a "pinging" alert, as if there were some hidden tag there or something.

It's a big project, divided among several translators, and the client says that nobody else is having this problem, but it only happens with this project.

Any ideas? I have unchecked "hide cursor" in my mouse options, my drivers are up to date and my virus check returns clean. I have even shut down and restarted!

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 00:29
Cursor with Studio 2014 Jul 1, 2016

Dear Ms Barber,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Did you download the SP2 of SDL Trados Studio 2014? You will find it in your online account, under Downloads

This should resolve the issue.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No good Jul 15, 2016

Hi Guillaume,
I have just implemented your suggestion, but the problem remains.

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 00:29
SDL Community Jul 15, 2016

MJ Barber wrote:

Hi Guillaume,
I have just implemented your suggestion, but the problem remains.

Dear Ms Barber,

Thank you for your message.

If unfortunately the problem remains please contact the SDL Community: http://xl8.one

You will find there professionals and experts to assist you.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible workaround, but... Jul 17, 2016

Hi Guillaume, I found the following workaround which might be worth a try. HOWever, now I find I have no Auto-correct option.

This is the workaround: https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/4585

but when I click on File/Options/Editor, I see no auto-correct option and nothing about brackets or quotes in any of the options listed.

Pls help!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot type correctly in Studio 2014

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search