can Studio 2015 open several files in different folders at once?
Thread poster: LuxTranslations

LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 17:50
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
Jul 1, 2016

Hi,

I know it is possible to open more than one file by selecting the files, but if I have those different files in different folders and sub-folders, how can I get the whole text in one single editor file?

Thanks a lot!

Caroline

Direct link Reply with quote

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:50
English to Spanish
... Jul 1, 2016

LuxTranslations wrote:

Hi,

I know it is possible to open more than one file by selecting the files, but if I have those different files in different folders and sub-folders, how can I get the whole text in one single editor file?

Thanks a lot!

Caroline

In order to do that, you need to create your project and keep adding files using the "Add Files" command/button. Then, as you know, in "Files" view, you select the files you want to work on.

If you add your files, by adding entire folders using the "Add Folders" command/button, you cannot open files across folders, since Studio keeps you within one folder at a time. Please read below.

From SDL Trados Studio 2014 Help:
You can add files individually or you can add a folder structure. All of the files in the folder structure are added to the project. The New Project wizard creates a folder for every target language you have selected, and places the prepared *.sdlxliff files and any reference files in the appropriate language folder. If you selected files in a folder structure, this structure will be replicated in the target language folders.

Best of luck!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:50
French to German
+ ...
Have you tried to check the option "Include subfolders" Jul 14, 2016

Caroline

This should allow you to select files in more than one folder.
Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can Studio 2015 open several files in different folders at once?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search